Fathering 101-Be The Dad God Wants You To Be “Session 4- Be The Dad..Who Prays” with Pastor Carlos Zazueta
September 14, 2017
A wonderful time today during Session 4 of Being The Dad--Who Prays, as we talk with Pastor Carlos Zazueta of Stonebriar Community Church
– Be the Dad…who Prays
- is the reflection of trust in and obedience to the Lord.
- is the most powerful and comprehensive tool in your ‘dad kit’.
- is to be a continual and daily state of mind; starting early and ending before sleep.
- allows you to daily cover your family with Jesus’ blood and the whole armor of God.
- is a response to the Spirit who prompts you on what to pray for; who in turn prays this to the Son, who intercedes for us to the Father.
- may be spontaneous depending on the circumstances being presented.
- is not to be rote, but reflective of your relationship to the Lord.
- involves claiming God’s promises for your family. Read and know the word.
- allows you to confess and repent of what the Spirit reveals to you.
- is never too short or too long.
- reflects your role as high priest of your family and directs them to the Father.
- should involve all of your family at times and individually as the need presents itself.
- requires waiting most of the time, building faith and dependence.